Parking passes will be available for Seniors starting Friday, August 23rd beginning at 9am.
Parking passes will be available for Juniors starting Tuesday, 9/3 beginning at 2:05pm
Parking passes are now available for students who qualify. Westhill High School is committed to maintaining a policy of safety and respect regarding transportation and parking. Students will be expected to abide by all state, county, city, school traffic laws, and regulations at all times. The following guidelines have been established to promote this policy.
Failure to adhere to the rules and regulations below will result in disciplinary action and the possible loss of your parking privileges and other school privileges, i.e. school social events. The guidelines that specifically apply to students with parking privileges are as follows:
- Students will be given DESIGNATED NUMBERED SPACES. SPACES WILL BE ASSIGNED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
- Students with outstanding obligations WILL NOT be given a parking pass until obligations are resolved.
- Qualifying for a parking pass DOES NOT permit any student to leave campus between the hours of 7:25-2:05.
- Seniors who qualify for limited open campus may arrive at the beginning of 2nd Block or leave at the end of 5th Block ONLY IF THEY HAVE A STUDYHALL at that time.
- Limited Open Campus Card MUST BE SHOWN TO SECURITY.
- Any student leaving campus outside of these times will RESULT IN THE REVOKING IF THEIR PARKING PASS AND LIMITED OPEN CAMPUS CARD. STUDENTS MAY NOT COME AND GO AS THEY PLEASE THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
- Students MAY NOT PARK in any space other than the space they are assigned.
- If a student’s parking space is taken when the student arrives at school, the student is TO PARK ON THE STREET and inform Security Guard Ramona ASAP so the proper action can be taken.
- Students with parking privileges are expected to arrive to the campus ON TIME and make every effort to comply with the attendance policy set forth by the Stamford Board of Education.
- Parking stickers MUST BE VISIBLE at all times and must be permanently affixed to inside bottom left corner of windshield. (NOT TAPED TO THE WINDOW OR SITING ON THE DASHBOARD)
- Students are ONLY ALLOWED TO PARK ON CAMPUS WITH A PARKING PASS AND IN THEIR DESIGNATED SPOT. NO VEHICLE is to be driven/parked on playing fields, bus lanes, fire lanes, delivery zones behind the cafeteria, or other such areas not intended for regular vehicle use. DO NOT PARK IN RESERVED SPOTS, i.e. SPOTS LABLED “FACULTY” OR “NO PARKING AREAS”. VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN SCHOOL CONSEQUENCES. REPEAT OFFENDERS WILL LOSE THEIR PARKING PRIVILEGE.
- Westhill High School DOES NOT assume any responsibility for cars that are parked on campus
- Every student must exercise extreme caution when entering and leaving the parking area and school grounds. Excessive speeding or reckless driving is prohibited. Security demands that upon arrival in the parking lot students leave their vehicles and immediately enter the building. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY A STUDENT GO TO HIS/HER CAR DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. STUDENTS SHOULD NOT USE THEIR AUTOMOBILES AS LOCKERS. STUDENTS FOUND IN THE PARKING LOT DURING THE SCHOOL DAY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION ARE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION.
- Security Officers are employed by the school district to regulate the parking lot. These employees are to be treated with respect and all requests made of students concerning a vehicle are to be obeyed immediately and without question. Bring your questions to an Assistant Principal. Security personnel will patrol the parking lot every day. Students are expected to identify themselves when asked and to cooperate with security at all times. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF PARKING PRIVILEGE.
- Pedestrians and school buses will always be given the right of way; the latter is especially important when the buses are leaving after school.
- Failure to comply with the rules and regulations above, including all posted signs and notices pertaining to parking can result in:
- Vehicle booted
- Vehicle towed
- Suspension of driving privileges for a period of time to be determined by the Principal or Assistant Principal
- Loss of driving privileges
- School disciplinary action
The guidelines above have been established to ensure that student parking does not have a negative impact on the safety of our campus or student learning. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will be reviewed by the administration and result in disciplinary action that may include a loss of parking privileges. Permits will be issued on a first come first served basis. If you have any questions or concerns about the guidelines above, please meet with your grade administrator as soon as possible.