Summer Assignments for 2020
All Students at Westhill
The Dean of Students has assigned the following:
Computer Science Classes
- 2020 Summer assignments for all computer classes next year can be found here: http://westhillcs.com/SummerAssignments/
- 2020 WHS Summer Reading Projects
- 2020 AP English Language and Composition (11)
- 2020 AP English LITERATURE and Composition (12) | 2020 BLANK AP Literature and Composition Data Sheet
***Please make sure that all work submitted is original. Students are discouraged from using websites such as Lit Charts, Spark Notes, Book Rags, etc. when completing their summer reading assignments. Students who submit summer reading that contains any amount of analysis that comes from an Internet site or belongs to another student (this includes paraphrasing and rephrasing) will receive a grade of zero on the assignment.
Westhill High School English Department Plagiarism Policy
Plagiarism is a very serious violation of academic rules. According to the Westhill Student Handbook, plagiarism is a form of cheating when a student claims someone else’s work, words, and/or ideas are his/her own.
The English Department of Westhill High School formally states that any student who is found to have plagiarized in his or her English class will automatically receive a zero on the assignment. Additional, escalating consequences may result in specific cases where the offense is extremely severe or if a student has previously engaged in academic dishonesty. Students should be aware that any form of academic dishonest may also result in their inability to receive a college recommendation, in their removal from an honors or AP class or in a parent conference with the teacher and the English Department Head.
If you have any questions at all about this year’s summer reading assignments please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Wheeler, the English Department Head. You can email Ms. Wheeler anytime during the summer at [email protected]. Have a wonderful summer and enjoy everything you read! ☺
Fine and Visual Arts
- 2020 Welcome Letter for AP Art and Design
- 2020 Summer Assignment for APAD 2D/Drawing
- 2020 Summer Assignment for APAD 2D/Photography
Health and Physical Education
- 5 servings fruits and vegetables
- Less than 2 hours screen time
- 1 hour daily physical activity
- 0 sugary drinks and snacks