The mission of the Stamford Public Schools Counseling Department is to empower students to be self-aware, to take ownership of their academic growth, and to plan for the future. This will be accomplished through the equitable delivery of a comprehensive school counseling program.
Our Stamford Public Schools graduates will:
- Participate as responsible and productive members of society.
- Advocate for themselves and others.
- Collaborate effectively.
- Develop a commitment to a healthy lifestyle and personal well-being.
- Engage in lifelong learning.
- Use critical thinking skills.
- Adapt to an ever-changing global society.
The School Counselors of the Stamford Public Schools believe the following:
- All students can succeed.
- We are advocates for students, families, and for our profession.
- Collaborating with students, families, staff and community will enhance connectedness.
- All students can grow in mind, body, and heart.
- Using data will help to evaluate and support both student and program needs.
- Student self-awareness contributes to college and career success.
Follow @westhillcounselors for school news, information related to college visits, career information, important dates, career center events, school events, and much more. It is a great new way that the department is sharing information with both students and parents.
Westhill School Counselors
Paola Ochoa - Department Head
Ashley Katz (Bunn)
http://www.talkitoutct.com: TALK IT OUT LINE - 1-833-258-5011 - For parents and caregivers who need someone to listen, to understand and to talk your feelings out.