Hello AP Students,
We are on the final countdown until we get to the AP exams. Here are a couple of important things. I apologize for how long this email is now.
1. Please do not request a refund on Total Registration I will not approve of it. If you decide NOT to take your AP exam DO NOT log in the day of the exam in May or June. Even if you login out of curiosity and nothing is submitted you will be charged. If you start an exam and decided halfway through it you aren’t going to finish it, you will be charged. If you start an exam in May and a technical problem happens and you decide not to do the exam in June, you will be charged. Once I get the list from AP of who took the exam and who did not then I can issue refunds.
2. As we know we are supposed to go back to school on May 20th, which is right in the middle of AP exams. If the Governor changes this date you will take the exams at home. If not, there is a plan in the works and we will jump that hurdle once the Governor makes a decision on schools.
3. Emails. Out of about 600 students taking AP exams, only 250 responded to my survey about emails. So I will share the information with everyone. Every AP students need to do the following even those who answered YES:
4. You will need an AP Exam E-Ticket to Test. You can find it either in an email or you can access in your student account at myap.collegeboard.org
5. Remember we use the Eastern Standard Time so the test will be at 12 p.m., 2 p.m. or 4 p.m. You must take the exams in May. June test dates should ONLY be used if you have technical problems.
6. Don't worry if you don't complete all parts of the question before you need to attach and submit your response. To give students as many different chances to demonstrate what they know as possible, a question may have more parts than can be answered in the allowed time. You don't need to complete the entire question to get a score of 5, but you do need to submit whatever work you've done.
7. You have three ways to submit your written or typed answers. An explanation is on page 12-14 of the testing guide.
8. If you are taking the Music Theory exam:
9. If you are taking the AP Spanish Language:
10. From May 4, you can access an AP 2020 Exam Demo at cb.org/apdemo. It will allow you to practice the different ways to submit your responses. If you can't connect to this demo from your planned testing device, you'll not be able to access the real exam on test day. Please see page 51 of the guide. Beginning the week of May 11, if you’re taking world language exams, download the AP World Languages Exam App. Before your exam, use the app’s practice mode to become familiar with its features, test your technology's compatibility, and check the quality of sound in your intended exam location. After you practice using the app, you must close it on your device before testing.
11. What do you need for your specific exam? Refer to pages 27-30 of the attachment and go to this link. If you do not have a printer starting Wednesday, May 6th you can pick up copies of these reference sheets outside of the doors of the FINCH building between the hours of 8:30-11:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. No appointment needed just go through the box and take what you need. Email me if there are any issues.
12. All students need a copy of the 2020 AP Exam Day Checklist. Please use this link to download to print,. If you do not have a printer starting Wednesday, May 6th you can pick up copies of these reference sheets outside of the doors of the FINCH building between the hours of 8:30-11:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. No appointment needed just go through the box and take what you need.
13. What can I use on the day of my exam?
14. How is the time allotted broken down for the exam? As a precaution, if you are typing your answers save the document numerous times, you just can never be too sure. Music theory and Spanish Language please review pages 36, and 37 of the guide for a break down of your specific exam.
15. Your testing environment-
16. How do I manage my time during the exam?
17. How do I submit my responses? WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION. Don’t close your browser, turn off or restart the computer.
18. What if something goes wrong during the exam?
19. Lastly, all students (expect Spanish Language you have to download an app, AP Art and Design you have a portfolio due before May 26th and AP Comp Sci Principles you have a portfolio also due before May 26th ) CHECK YOUR TECHNOLOGY BEFORE THE EXAM. How? By doing the demo on May 4th. Do this multiple times so you are comfortable. Also, DELETE any plug-ins or extensions like Grammarly.
Please take time to read through the testing guide found at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/ap-testing-guide-2020.pdf?SFMC_cid=EM305179-&rid=43382373
Also, watch the YOUTUBE video https://youtu.be/qHZ2zpqlZNE on a walkthrough of the exams and tips.