School wide SAT day is postponed to April 24th. IMPORTANTE POR TODOS EN GRADO 11! La prueba de SAT esta pospuesto al 24...
Seniors stop by room 105 or 205 to enter for a chance to win a free prom ticket. Raffle tickets are $1 for 1 and $2 for...
You must sign up for an audition in room 432. Auditions will take place from Tuesday, March 20th until Thursday the...
Makayla Smith spreads joy and awesomeness wherever she goes. In addition to her work ethic in her AP classes and...
The WHS Color Run is on April 21st (28th rain date) 10am Check In, 10:30 Color Run, 11 Tailgate, 1pm Boys Lacrosse Game. »
Westhill High School will be having its first ever COLOR RUN. This is a family friendly event so please feel free to...
On Friday we will be having Zach Matari, an artist signed to Columbia Records performing at all 3 lunch waves. Should...
SPS Video Contest Challenges Students, Staff and Alumni to Illustrate How SPS Challenges, Inspires and Prepares Students for Success »
Stamford Public Schools (SPS), in partnership with the Stamford Board of Realtors, the Ferguson...
Calling All STEM Enthusiasts: Mark your calendar for the 5th Annual Stamford Public Schools’...
Each year Stamford Public Schools (SPS) recognizes outstanding teachers in the district through its Teacher of the...
Music on the Hill 2018
- Saturday, March 10, 5:00 pm
- Westhill High School Gymnasium
- INDOOR GUARD/PERCUSSION COMPETITION
- Come see percussion and guard ensembles from around the region compete in an adrenaline rush of music and theater
- Tickets: $12 Children Under-6 free
CAN YOU HELP US RAISE SOME DOUGH??
- Westhill High School Marching Band is Fundraising by selling 1 Dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts. All Marching Band students will be taking orders from Monday, March 5th to March 16th. Orders will be in March 28Payments are due at time of order. Cash or Checks are accepted, checks can be made payable to WHSBPA. Any questions, contact Elyce Brown @ Westhill Band Parent Assocation at email@example.com Thank you for your support!
ATTENTION SOPHOMORES!! SEE YOUR COUNSELOR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY!!
MICKEY LIONE JR. FUND!!!
- Award for Excellence Scholarship:
- Eligible candidates must be a sophomore at Stamford High School, Westhill High School, or Trinity Catholic High School and a Stamford resident. Students who choose to apply for this award will be required to complete an application provided by their high school’s guidance department. Information required on the application includes:
- high school transcript current to April this year
- academic honors
- athletic participation
- extracurricular activities at school
- honors, citations, awards, and notable achievements
- community involvement and volunteer activity
- 500-word essay
- two letters of recommendation
- Each high school has its own nominating committee responsible for reviewing all applications and nominating six finalists, three boys and three girls. An Award Selection Committee from the Fund will determine the winner of the $7,500 Mickey Lione Jr. Award for Youth Excellence and the runners-up based on a review of the applications and a personal interview with each of the students from each school. All runners-up will receive a $1,000 scholarship under the same terms as the winner.
- Upon successful completion of their senior year of high school and upon choosing to continue their education at an institution of higher learning, the scholarship is made available to the award recipients and runners-up to assist with that further education.
- The recipient and runners-up must attend an accredited college, university, or technical institute within two years of high school graduation. The recipient and runners-up will be expected to maintain a standard of behavior that is consistent with the values both taught and practiced by Mickey Lione, Jr.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The scholarship application process begins in March each year, with applications to be submitted no later than May 1st. Please contact your high school guidance department for further information and specific details with regard to the submission process. Applications directly submitted to the Fund will not be accepted.
Viking Video Players
- If YOU would like to star in, or write skits for, our newly-formed "Viking Video Players," come to an informational meeting MONDAY FEBRUARY 5 in room 432. And if we can pry the camera OUT of Harrison's hands, there might even be a shot for future directors and filmmakers!
- Ms. Tobin, Mrs. Cohen, and Harrison T.
- PS - https://vimeo.com/whsvikings
Fashion Club and NAHS are asking for donations of yarn.
- We welcome all textures, colors and thicknesses. This includes used, half used and/or new yarn.
- Please drop off any donations to room 8 or 7, Mrs. Dilworth or Mrs. Konrad. Thank you!
Come Visit the Writing Center!
We’re ready to help you with all your writing needs.
- Writing will be essential throughout your entire life, be it in college essays, job applications, or merely expressing yourself.
- Visit us in Room 213 during period 4 all week and during all lunch waves on B days if you…
- Need a paper edited/revised or Want to embrace and discover your own writing style?
- Need help getting started on an assignment or Want to improve your writing?
- Need help formatting an essay or Have any questions about writing in general?
- Just drop off your paper for revision or make an appointment. We have snacks.
Writing Award Opportunities for Students
- Connecticut Bar Foundation 2017-2018 Statewide High School Essay Contest
- Topic: Diversity Disagreement (students take a position on a scenario)
- Deadline February 23, 2018
Writing Award Opportunities for Students
- Letters About Literature
- Library of Congress
- $200/$1,000 prizes
- Deadline January 12, 2018
Westhill Music Department
The Westhill Music Department is looking for any donations of used instruments, especially string instrument bows.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have anything you’d be interested in donating to the music department. Thanks!!