Dear Parents/Guardians, Estimados Padres/Tutores,
Ivette and Escarlin are two of the three students in Connecticut to earn this award!
Summer assignments will be posted to the following page as they become available:
2018 WESTHILL FINAL EXAM SCHEDULEFriday, June 15Period 1 Final Exam
For Students Graduating and Leaving SPS - Please copy the files you need from your Home (H drive) folder to a flash...
Senior Bailey Paulk will be awarded the National Merit Scholarship at the University of Texas at Dallas »
Westhill High School Senior Bailey Paulk was named a college-sponsored National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC)...
High School Graduation Time, Middle School and Elementary School Moving-Up Ceremony and Adult Education Graduation Dates Finalized »
All High School Graduation Ceremonies will take place at 4:00, on Friday, June 22. Please remember the...
Westhill High School Seniors Ivetter Naranjo and Escarlin Perez Among the 2018 Class of Dell Scholars »
Stamford Public School (SPS) announced that The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation recently named Westhill...
Stamford High School Achieves International Baccalaureate World School Status Approved to Offer Diploma Program »
Stamford Public Schools (SPS) announced that Stamford High School (SHS) in now an...
- For all ladies and/or gentleman who want to participate in cheerleading, mandatory clinics are on Monday, June 4th and Tuesday, June 5th from 3-5 in the small gym.
- Tryouts are on June 6th from 3-5 in the small gym.
- ALL three days are mandatory, please dress appropriately and good luck!
- If there are any questions about cheerleading tryouts please contact the cheerleading coach, Laura Tintle, at firstname.lastname@example.org
GIRLS LACROSSE FUNDRAISER
- Surprise your friends by sending a FLOCK OF FLAMINGOS to decorate their yard. A flock of 25 or 50 flamingos will migrate to your friend’s house, under the cover of darkness. This is all in good fun!! Your friend will awaken to a lawn inhabited by festive pink flamingos, and the flock will migrate as quietly as it arrived the following evening.
- Pricing: Flock – 25 Flamingos fo a $25 donation or 50 Flamingos for a $50 donation
- To order a flocking, contact Christine Reid @ email@example.com or 917-952-9983 or Lisa Hansen @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-536-5952.
- All proceeds from this fundraiser will directly go to Westhill Girls Lacrosse Team.
- Boxing Academy will be held every Tuesday from 2:15-3:15 pm in the wrestling room. Any student who is interested in participating in the Boxing Academy please see Mr. Milas or Mr. Agosto. Limited spaces are available.
Socks are the least donated item of clothing to the homeless and less fortunate. Sox Warm Hearts is working to change that. From Monday March 12th to April 1st, a sock drive will be held at WHS, a box can be found in the main lobby. BRAND NEW socks for men, women, and children are needed. Let’s do some good this spring. For more information email email@example.com or see our instagram page @soxwarmhearts_ct
Music on the Hill 2018
- INDOOR PERCUSSION COMPETITION Saturday, April 14, at 4:00 pm Westhill High School Gymnasium
- Come see percussion and guard ensembles from around the region compete in an adrenaline rush of music and theater
- Tickets are $17 | Under 10/Seniors $10
ATTENTION SOPHOMORES!! SEE YOUR COUNSELOR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY!!
MICKEY LIONE JR. FUND!!!
- Award for Excellence Scholarship:
- Eligible candidates must be a sophomore at Stamford High School, Westhill High School, or Trinity Catholic High School and a Stamford resident. Students who choose to apply for this award will be required to complete an application provided by their high school’s guidance department. Information required on the application includes:
- high school transcript current to April this year
- academic honors
- athletic participation
- extracurricular activities at school
- honors, citations, awards, and notable achievements
- community involvement and volunteer activity
- 500-word essay
- two letters of recommendation
- Each high school has its own nominating committee responsible for reviewing all applications and nominating six finalists, three boys and three girls. An Award Selection Committee from the Fund will determine the winner of the $7,500 Mickey Lione Jr. Award for Youth Excellence and the runners-up based on a review of the applications and a personal interview with each of the students from each school. All runners-up will receive a $1,000 scholarship under the same terms as the winner.
- Upon successful completion of their senior year of high school and upon choosing to continue their education at an institution of higher learning, the scholarship is made available to the award recipients and runners-up to assist with that further education.
- The recipient and runners-up must attend an accredited college, university, or technical institute within two years of high school graduation. The recipient and runners-up will be expected to maintain a standard of behavior that is consistent with the values both taught and practiced by Mickey Lione, Jr.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The scholarship application process begins in March each year, with applications to be submitted no later than May 1st. Please contact your high school guidance department for further information and specific details with regard to the submission process. Applications directly submitted to the Fund will not be accepted.
Viking Video Players
- If YOU would like to star in, or write skits for, our newly-formed "Viking Video Players," come to an informational meeting MONDAY FEBRUARY 5 in room 432. And if we can pry the camera OUT of Harrison's hands, there might even be a shot for future directors and filmmakers!
- Ms. Tobin, Mrs. Cohen, and Harrison T.
- PS - https://vimeo.com/whsvikings
Fashion Club and NAHS are asking for donations of yarn.
- We welcome all textures, colors and thicknesses. This includes used, half used and/or new yarn.
- Please drop off any donations to room 8 or 7, Mrs. Dilworth or Mrs. Konrad. Thank you!
Come Visit the Writing Center!
We’re ready to help you with all your writing needs.
- Writing will be essential throughout your entire life, be it in college essays, job applications, or merely expressing yourself.
- Visit us in Room 213 during period 4 all week and during all lunch waves on B days if you…
- Need a paper edited/revised or Want to embrace and discover your own writing style?
- Need help getting started on an assignment or Want to improve your writing?
- Need help formatting an essay or Have any questions about writing in general?
- Just drop off your paper for revision or make an appointment. We have snacks.
Westhill Music Department
The Westhill Music Department is looking for any donations of used instruments, especially string instrument bows.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have anything you’d be interested in donating to the music department. Thanks!!