I am writing to update you on several issues related to the increasing number of cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and what we are doing at the school level and how you can help.
Please read carefully:
- You should have received a letter yesterday from our superintendent, Dr. Tamu Lucero, with important information and resources, including websites you can visit. Please read this information and keep up-to-date on facts regarding this evolving situation.
- The SAMG (Stamford Asset Management Group) is following the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) recommendations with regard to the cleaning of hard surfaces such as doorknobs, handrails, desks and countertops. They are purchasing additional cleaning agents, including liquid disinfectants, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizing lotions with the CDC recommended strength. Our custodial staff will remain diligent in their efforts to keep our classrooms and common areas clean and sanitized, as well as to ensure that our soap and other supplies are replenished on a regular basis.
- The Mayor is also asking that all public buildings be equipped with hand sanitizing stations at entry points and the SAMG is diligently attempting to provide these stations at every school building.
- As always, students who are sick will be seen by the nurse. If a child is sent home with any influenza-like symptoms, the child must see the nurse prior to reentering the classroom. Remember: Students must be fever and symptom-free for at least 24 hours.
- At the present time, we are cancelling our field trip to Quebec City.
- Please be vigilant in making sure your child(ren) know how to wash their hands properly for 20 seconds and how to best protect themselves when coughing and sneezing. We will be posting reminders all around the school with these directions.
- If you, or any member of your family, have recently traveled or plan to travel to China, Iran, South Korea, or Italy, I would ask that you please call me directly.
In closing, I hope that we all continue to remain healthy and we will not need to consider alternate plans for learning. In the event that things change, I will be sure to communicate with you in a timely manner. In the meantime, it would be helpful if you consider alternate childcare options, should that become necessary.