As e-learning continues, please contact your child’s teacher directly for grade level & class specific activities.
If you do not have access to technology, below are some quick and simple activities to do with your child.
Daily activities to continue your child’s learning while schools are closed:
- Read a book for 20-30 minutes
- Talk about what was read - questions to ask:
- What was your favorite part?
- Who is the main character?
- What is the problem in the story?
- How is the problem solved?
- Did the story try and teach a lesson?
- Write/Draw about the book
- Draw your favorite part
- Write a story about what could happen if there was another version of the book
- Draw the character and you doing something
- Would you be friends with the character in the story? Why?
- Create a journal/diary about your daily adventures
- Write a letter to a family member or friend
- Write a story about ANYTHING
- Find a picture in a magazine and write a story about what happened to that person
- Practice facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Cook together and look at fractions
- Practice counting
- Practice telling time
- Create number stories based on something in your house