SHS School Counseling Department welcomes you to Naviance Student
- Students can login through Clever by entering SHS Student ID# for both the username and password
- Parents can login through Naviance Student after initial contact with student's school counselor to register. Parents must provide their email address to counselor for set up. Please scroll to the bottom of the page for file attachment on how to best navigate Naviance as a parent.
The School Counseling Department is pleased to offer this program that will assist students in their career and college search.
Naviance Student is a web-based service designed specifically with students and parents in mind. Naviance Student's comprehensive site can be used to assist in making decisions about colleges and careers. It is also a service that we use in the School Counseling Department to track and analyze data about our students’ college and career plans.
Naviance Student will allow you to do the following:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process- build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges- Compare GPAs, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from students from SHS, who have already applied.
- Admissions Visits/Trips- sign up for college admissions representative visits, as well as field trips offered by Stamford High School’s College & Career Center.
Naviance Student is also a great tool to inform our school community about upcoming events and programs from the School Counseling Department including financial aid, scholarships, web resources, SAT/ACT test prep, etc. We hope you find this program to be helpful as you begin your high school career or your college search.
How To Use Naviance:
|Feature||Description||How to Access|
|Test Scores||PSAT, SAT, ACT, CAPT, and AP test scores can be found here, usually about a month after they have been released|
1. Click the About Me tab
2. Click the My Stuff link3. Click on Test Scores
|Resume||Record your high school activities, awards, volunteer experience, etc.|
1. Click the About Me tab
2. Click the My Stuff3. Click on Resume
|Career Search||Explore careers and add them to your Careers I'm Thinking About|
1. Click the Careers tab
2. Click on Home under Careers3. Click on either Explore Careers OR Explore Clusters for searching with different criteria or just use the search box at the top of the page
Set search criteria to yield a list of colleges to explore.
Click on various tabs of the college profile for additional information.Add colleges you’re interested in to your Colleges I'm Thinking About list.
1. Click the Colleges tab
2. Click the Home link3. Explore search options under "Find Your Fit"
|Document Library||Find documents that pertain to the career or college process. You can find blank teacher and counselor recommendation forms here, download them and type responses, and then upload to Journal|
1. On main home page screen, go to the bottom of the page and click on Document Library.2. Select group, click, and browse documents to save/print.
|Tasks Assigned to Me||Find out any career/college related tasks that are assigned by both the district and your counselor|
1. Click the My Planner tab
2. Click on Home3. Click on Tasks Assigned to Me to find details about assigned tasks
High School Code
High School Code: 070750