MONDAY 6/1 UPDATE
SENIORS- Based on NEW guidelines from Gov. Lamont about congregations (outdoors) of up to 150 after July 6th in CT, SPS is offering 1 final vote to students and families TONIGHT that closes at 11:59 PM Tuesday 6/2. We will know definitively by this Wednesday 6/3 what the final plan is and it will be communicated to all (again….) after this upcoming Wednesday. Link will be in your GMAIL and a separate School Messenger email to SENIOR families only as soon as it is available.
SENIORS- and Seniors only are returning this week to SHS retrieve locker contents. Need to empty a locker (school, PE, sports...)? Use THIS LINK on the website to complete the application form so materials can be prepared for them when they arrive (this includes PE/sports lockers too).
ALL STUDENTS- SPS Books & Chromebook returns- will begin Monday 6/8 through Friday 6/12 8AM to 1230PM daily. Follow this protocol:
- 1 student or 1 parent/guardian representative enters through the main door. MASK and 6ft social distancing MANDATORY
- Security will check off on a grade level sheet that the student has returned books.
- Student/Parent will turn left (towards 101) and drop books off in labeled bins BY DEPARTMENT and then exit through 102 doors.
- These bins will be transported to book rooms (or other designated areas) and remain there untouched as per the established SPS Health Department guidelines.
- This process will continue through June
If you have any questions please contact a school administrator through email for further clarification.
FRIDAY 5/29 UPDATE
Hello SHS Seniors,Dear friends and family at Stamford High School this is Principal Manka with some important announcements:
FIRST- Seniors please be aware that beginning on Monday, June 1 SHS will begin emptying senior lockers and senior lockers ONLY. If you are a senior, and want the contents of your locker, please complete this APPOINTMENT LINK to allow us to retrieve your locker contents and then you must use this DOODLE FORM LINK to schedule your pickup (allow for a minimum of 24hrs until you schedule your pickup date (follow the protocol- wear a mask and socially distance when waiting). We ask that only one person enters to retrieve the goods and have proof of identity/relation to the student.
SECOND- Plans for graduation are finally underway. While everything is NOT completely ironed out yet, I want to let you know that between Monday (6/8) and Friday (6/12) students will be able to reserve a 15 minute slot for a graduation ceremony at Stamford High School. Based on State, City and CDC guidelines only 5 people may be in the area you are assigned for ceremony participation and this includes: the graduate, up to 2 family members, videographer and an SHS staffer. All attendees must be wearing a mask. Graduates will receive their cap and gown, yearbook, diploma and a special gift from SHS! A Doodle link for sign up will be coming Monday 6/1 to www.stamfordhigh.org and also your SHS Gmail account so be on the lookout. Should you or your family decide to NOT be part of the ceremony please email 2020 class advisor (Mr. White: [email protected]) so we can plan to use your graduation picture to complete our production. If you have any questions please email your Senior administrator ([email protected]) or class advisor ([email protected]) with any follow up questions!
LASTLY- All seniors must complete the Senior Survey as soon as possible. The Senior Survey can be found in Naviance and should take 10 minutes to complete. Caps and Gowns will be withheld from students who do not complete the Senior Survey. If you have any questions regarding the survey, please contact your School Counselor.
Have a wonderful evening and Go Black Knights!
Attention SHS Students & Families,
A few important messages for our SHS students:
1. SENIORS: You've lost out on the Senior Internship Experience, but there's still an opportunity for you to explore what future careers might look like. The SPS "Career Series for the Class of 2020" is here for you! Finance, education, healthcare and MORE...check out the flyer or CLICK HERE to register!
2. SENIORS: Please help us help you by completing your senior survey- Login to Naviance, click ABOUT ME, scroll to MY SURVEYS, select SURVEYS NOT STARTED and select "Class of 2020 Graduation Survey"- Thanks
4. SENIORS: ...and currently Seniors only at this point...do you need to clean your locker(s) out? If so, please make an appointment by following the directions HERE and materials will be prepared for you to pick up out of 101.
5. ALL FAMILIES: Want to help support the class of 2020 celebrate their graduation? Please CLICK HERE and consider buying a graduation yard sign- you can donate them for distribution even if you don't have a senior!
6. ALL FAMILIES: The Annual SHS (Virtual) Art Show is THIS THURSDAY 5/21 from 5-6PM. CLICK HERE for all you need and enjoy our amazing talents!
7. ALL FAMILIES: The Round Table has their first ever LIVE SHOW Wednesday (5/20) at noon. CLICK THIS LINK and enjoy tomorrow at noon!
THANK YOU & GO BLACK KNIGHTS!
I am hoping this e-mail finds you well and just a 4 IMPORTANT reminders
1. I'd like to promote the opportunity to support the SHS Class of 2020 with the purchase of the #allinthistogether yard sign with PAYMENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS LINK (*PayPal is the only form of payment at the current time). Upon the purchase of the $15.00 #weareallinthistogether yard sign please COMPLETE THIS SHS APPOINTMENT FORM to pick up your yard sign. Pick up days for yard signs are on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm on the sidewalk of Stamford High School's MAIN ENTRANCE. (please bring proof of purchase) Signs will be available this Wednesday, April 22nd. Show your support for our SHS students!!! If you have any questions please e-mail Mr. Agosto, Dean of Students @ [email protected]
2. Make sure you've completed your Cap & Gown order....They're due 4/25..that's tomorrow!
3. Diplomas....make sure your name, the specific way you want it to read on your diploma, is sent in! Use the GForm in your SPS gmail account to complete the request. If you have questions email Mr. Forker
4. To the class of 2020, this school year has brought many challenges and obstacles for all of us. One thing we have learned from our current circumstance is to ensure that we properly plan for school events which include prom and graduation. These are some of the most meaningful moments of your life and we want to make it happen for you! We want to hear your thoughts regarding prom and graduation. While it is NOT set in stone, it was discussed that graduation would be normal if we return 5/20 and Gov. Lamont lifts restrictions for large gatherings, however, IF that is not the case we wanted to hear your thoughts and suggestions on possible alternatives. We have some options that have been proposed thus far, feel free to choose one of those options or provide an alternative. Please use our school Gmail account to complete the SHS Class of 2020 Prom and Graduation Survey.
Stay safe and be well- Go Black Knights!