SAT School-Based Administration at SHS: Tuesday April 14th, 2020
A few notes to parents and 11th grade students:
1. All 11th grade students who are in PowerSchool (you have scheduled classes at SHS) will be automatically registered for the school-based administration and there is nothing special for you to do!
2. FREE after school SAT prep sessions (first come-first serve) for mathematics and/or evidenced based reading and writing (EBRW) begins February 2nd. See Dean Agosto (203-977-5614) to sign up!
3. Mailings from the district, and SchoolMessenger from SHS, will be coming in late February or Early March.
4. For those of you interested about the composition of the SAT:
|Mathematics||Writing & Language||Reading|
55 m; 38 questions, calculator PERMITTED
25 min; 20 questions, NO CALCULATOR
80% multiple choice
20% grid in
Formula sheet provided
Read 4 passages (35 min)
44 multiple choice
65 min; 52 questions
One literary passage from American or International fiction piece; all others are non-fiction informational texts focusing on history, social studies & science.
3 Types of Questions:
Other Helpful Resources:
Here are a list of available resources to get you on your way to success!
- Link your PSAT score to Khan Academy for customized help!
- Login to Khan Academy to access customized assistance.
- SAT Daily Practice App:
- Use your daily SAT app to instantly score practice tests!
- PowerPoint (PDF) from CB to Guide PSAT & KHAN Academy Connection
- College Board Practice: