The 2020 Senior Internship Experience
On 11/11/19 the Senior Internship Experience application will be available online at www.stamford-sie.org. This year the internships will run from 5/18/20 – 6/5/20. Students who participate will finish their regular classes the previous week and go to their internship sites full-time (30 hours per week) instead of attending school for the last 3/4 weeks of classes. Internships are UNPAID and will be supervised by the Program Coordinator. Students will also receive .5 credit for completion of the program.
You will be able to view available internship job descriptions online on 2/3/20 for various internships across the city. You can create your own ‘self-design’ internship with approval by the SIE staff. Company/supervisor name due by 3/31/20.
The purpose of the Senior Internship Experience is to give seniors in good standing the opportunity to find out more about a field they are already interested in, or to explore an area of interest they want to learn more about. At the same time, it’s a chance to prepare for the next stage in their life, either academic or professional, by giving them a taste of life outside of school.
In order to participate, seniors must meet the following prerequisites:
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
• Teacher recommendation
• Successfully meet grade, attendance, and behavior requirements for both semesters 1 and 2 of senior year
• Have coverage of health and auto insurance (auto insurance if driving to, during, and from the internship site)
• Must not have failed or be in danger of failing any senior year course (this includes Physical Education)
• Must be meeting all graduation requirements including the senior survey.
• Endorsement from their parent or guardian
• Review and approval from the School Counselor, Principal, and SIE Coordinator
Login to the www.stamford-sie.org website to read more about the program or contact Michelle Lappas/Program Coordinator at 203-977-0830 or email@example.com