English Language Arts
Literacy/English Language Arts (K - 12)
English Language Arts Vision for Stamford Public Schools:
Our vision is to develop students as critical readers, insightful writers, independent thinkers, and effective communicators.
- All children can learn at high levels.
- Teaching is student-centered and grounded in establishing student independence.
- Student writing is evidence based.
- All students can access complex texts.
- Collaboration is a critical component of learning.
- Reading and Writing are interconnected processes.
- Effective instruction is responsive to the needs of the learner.
- Engaging instruction is rigorous, relevant to students’ lives, and built on relationships.
- Students thrive when given independence and ownership of their surroundings and their learning.
- Students read and write throughout the day in all content areas.
- Students are provided access to technology which enhances communication.