Teaching and Learning is central to everything we do. The goal of our curriculum and instructional practices is to prepare students for success in an ever-changing global society. We will move every student forward from where they start, including high-achieving and struggling students. The SPS Response to the 2021-2022 Curriculum Audit includes a 3-year plan for district-wide PreK-12 curriculum, instructional support, and assessments. 65 percent of the SPS K-12 curriculum
will be “gold standard” by Fall 2023.
- All High School core curriculum in place by Fall 2023
- Integrated Math to replace Algebra 1/Geometry/Algebra 2 sequence beginning in Fall 2023
- Middle School ELA and Social Studies curriculum in place by Fall 2023
- K-5 ELA curriculum: adopt CKLA beginning with K in Fall 2023
- K-5 Math curriculum – Everyday Mathematics – already in place