Teaching and Learning is central to everything we do. Our curriculum and instructional practices aim to prepare students for success in an ever-changing global society. We will move every student forward from where they start, including high-achieving and struggling students. The SPS Response to the 2021-2022 Curriculum Audit includes a 3-year plan for district-wide PreK-12 curriculum, instructional support, and assessments. Stamford Public Schools is optimistic that the results of the curriculum audit will lead to the following:
- Curriculum that is both vertically and horizontally aligned across our district;
- Curriculum that is aligned and focused on standards;
- Equitable access and opportunities for all of our students;
- Culturally responsive and representative materials and instructional practices;
- A review of content areas that have not had a curriculum review in years;
- Human and financial resources utilized with the commitment to implement recommendations; and
- Alignment of curriculum, assessment, and instruction.