Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
Stamford Government Center (North)
888 Washington Blvd.
Stamford, CT 06901
See map: Google Maps
An Individualized Education Plan is a legal document under United States law that is created for each child who qualifies for Special Education supports and services by their districted public school by the Planning and Placement Team (PPT).
What Information is in an Individualized Education Plan?
- Identifying Information: Your child’s name, birthday, parent/guardian names and contact information, grade, school and student identification number.
- Present Levels of Performance: A description of how your child is performing across all academic classes, cognitively, behaviorally and in physically. This section is completed by members of the PPT team that work with your child.
- Annual Goals: Goals that are developed by the PPT team that can reasonably be achieved in one year. Focus of the goals can be on academics, behavioral, social and physical developments.
- Supports and Services: The services your child will receive at school such as speech and language or direct intervention from a special education teacher.
- Modifications and Accommodations: Modifications references the material that will be taught and the expectation of your child while accommodations are changes to support your child in overcoming their disability such as preferential seating.
- Participation in General Education Classrooms: The time your child will spend in a general education setting with their peers.
The IEP Guide - Page by Page (Spanish)