Please use a link below to request Out of Attendace Zone Placement for the 2022-2023 school year.
Oot of Attendance Zone Request Form: English
Out of Attendance Zone Request Form: Español
Professional Courtesy Request: Form
Please note most decisions will be made over the summer months (July and August) once a decison is made you will recieve an email indicating approval or denial of the request.
Q+A’s FOR OUT-OF-ATTENDANCE ZONE PLACEMENT
Policy #5117.1 describes the Board of Education Policy on Out of Attendance Zone placement, which can be found in the policy guide online HERE
1. What is Out-of-Attendance Zone Placement?
Out of Attendance Zone Placement refers to a child attending a school other than the one in the attendance zone of his/her legal residence. Requests for enrollment in magnet schools or placement in Special Education Programs will not be considered for Out of Attendance Zone placements.
2. Where Do Parents/Guardians Obtain Applications?
Out of Attendance Zone applications may be filled online by using the links above
Completed forms and necessary accompanying documentation should be uploaded and attached to the application online. If you have problems completing the application online, you can contact the Office of Family and Community Engagement at email@example.com
3. What Documents Need to Be Submitted?
The Out-of-Attendance Zone application will need to be completed online. The documents that support the specific type of request – Medical, Child Care, Safety, Special Program and Other – must also be uploaded with application. Examples of documentation are outlined in the application.
4. How Will I Be Notified?
You will be notified by email regarding status of your application. If denied, appeals may be made according to Board of Education policy governing Out-of-Attendance Zone placement. The OOAZ Appeal Form can found HERE.
You will be notified by email of the appeal decision made by the Associate Superintendent for School Development.
5. Can My Child Play Sports at Their OOAZ High School?
Policy #5118R describes the Board of Education Policy on student eligibility for high school athletes, which can be found in the policy guide online HERE
For OOAZ students, the following guidelines apply:
- Any current high school student that transfers from one school to the other, at any time, for an academic program that is not offered at the opposite school (e.g., Agriscience, JROTC at Westhill or ECS or the MYP/IB Programme at Stamford, etc.) is allowed to participate in athletics immediately and without restriction.
- Any current high school student that transfers from one district school to another and is not entering one of the pre-approved academic programs (as stated above) may tryout and participate in athletics. However, they are not allowed to play in any official games for one calendar year (from the date of the transfer) per BOE Policy Regulation 5118R.
6. Who May I Contact with Further Questions?
Please contact the Office of Family and Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org