Skip To Main Content

Welcome to our new website! Please provide feedback HERE.

Out of Attendance Zone Placement 2022-2023

Please use a link below to request Out of Attendace Zone Placement for the 2022-2023 school year. 

Out of Attendance Zone Request Form: English 

Out of Attendance Zone Request Form: Español 

Professional Courtesy Request: Form 

Please note most decisions will be made over the summer months (July and August) once a decision is made you will recieve an email indicating approval or denial of the request. 

Q+A’s for Out-of-Attendance Zone Placement

Policy #5117.1 describes the Board of Education Policy on Out of Attendance Zone placement, which can be found in the policy guide online here

1. What is Out-of-Attendance Zone Placement?

Out of Attendance Zone Placement refers to a child attending a school other than the one in the attendance zone of his/her legal residence.  Requests for enrollment in magnet schools or placement in Special Education Programs will not be considered for Out of Attendance Zone placements.

2. Where Do Parents/Guardians Obtain Applications?

Out of Attendance Zone applications may be filled online by using the links above

Completed forms and necessary accompanying documentation should be uploaded and attached to the application online.  If you have problems completing the application online, you can contact the Office of Family and Community Engagement at

3. What Documents Need to Be Submitted?

The Out-of-Attendance Zone application will need to be completed online.  The documents that support the specific type of request – Medical, Child Care, Safety, Special Program and Other – must also be uploaded with application.  Examples of documentation are outlined in the application.

4. How Will I Be Notified?

You will be notified by email regarding status of your application.  If denied, appeals may be made according to Board of Education policy governing Out-of-Attendance Zone placement.  Appeal forms may be obtained from Elaine Zehren:   

You will be notified by email of the appeal decision made by the Associate Superintendent for School Development.

5. Who May I Contact With Further Questions?

Please contact the Office of Family and Community Engagement at