Update - Summer 2023
Our facilities and maintenance teams have been hard at work this summer getting buildings ready for the upcoming school year. Here is a look at some of the work that was initiated or completed this summer:
● All school buildings underwent a comprehensive deep cleaning, and classroom floors and hallways were stripped and re-waxed.
● Installation of additional window air conditioning units in buildings without central air conditioning. Work will be completed at Cloonan, Dolan, KT Murphy, and Newfield in early fall 2023, followed by Northeast, Rippowam, Roxbury, Springdale, Stamford High and Turn of River. All work is slated to be complete by Fall 2024.
● Elementary school playgrounds were repaired and upgraded, as needed.
● All open play and athletic fields were aerated and fertilized as part of our district-wide lawn maintenance program.
● In support of school safety and security, every elementary and middle school received four additional security cameras (2 interior / 2 exterior). Installation will be completed before school opens on August 30. High school security systems were upgraded during a previous budget cycle.
Thank you to our facilities and maintenance teams - including custodians, tradespeople, support staff, directors, and managers - for their dedication and hard work this summer and throughout the school year. Your commitment to the Stamford Public Schools is truly appreciated.