College and Career Readiness
THE MISSION OF THE STAMFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS COUNSELING DEPARTMENT IS TO EMPOWER STUDENTS TO BE SELF-AWARE, TO TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THEIR ACADEMIC GROWTH, AND TO PLAN FOR THE FUTURE. THIS WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED THROUGH THE EQUITABLE DELIVERY OF A COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL COUNSELING PROGRAM.
All graduates of the Stamford Public Schools will reach a level of preparedness to meet success in postsecondary education, training, and workplace.
Our Stamford Public Schools graduates will:
- Participate as responsible and productive members of society.
- Advocate for themselves and others.
- Collaborate effectively.
- Develop a commitment to a healthy lifestyle and personal well-being.
- Engage in lifelong learning.
- Use critical thinking skills.
- Adapt to an ever-changing global society.
The School Counselors of the Stamford Public Schools believe the following:
- All students can succeed.
- We are advocates for students, families, and for our profession.
- Collaborating with students, families, staff and community will enhance connectedness.
- All students can grow in mind, body, and heart.
- Using data will help to evaluate and support both student and program needs.
- Student self-awareness contributes to college and career success.
|Rebecca Wilson||Coordinator for College & Career Readiness/School Counselor Services||203-977-5580|
888 Washington Blvd.
Office: 5th Floor (South)
Stamford, CT 06904