College and Career Readiness
THE MISSION OF THE STAMFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS COUNSELING DEPARTMENT IS TO EMPOWER STUDENTS TO BE SELF-AWARE, TO TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THEIR ACADEMIC GROWTH, AND TO PLAN FOR THE FUTURE. THIS WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED THROUGH THE EQUITABLE DELIVERY OF A COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL COUNSELING PROGRAM.
Our Stamford Public Schools graduates will:
- Participate as responsible and productive members of society
- Advocate for themselves and others
- Collaborate effectively
- Develop a commitment to a healthy lifestyle and personal well-being
- Engage in lifelong learning
- Use critical thinking skills
- Adapt to an ever-changing global society
The School Counselors of the Stamford Public Schools believe the following:
- All students can succeed
- We are advocates for students, families, and for our profession
- Collaborating with students, families, staff and community will enhance connectedness
- All students can grow in mind, body, and heart
- Using data will help to evaluate and support both student and program needs
- Student self-awareness contributes to college and career success
Who are School Counselors
School counselors are certified, professional educators who partner with students, families and the school community to maximize the success of ALL students by implementing a comprehensive, equitable school counseling framework. Counselors, at a minimum, hold a master’s degree in School Counseling and are credentialed and certified through the Connecticut State Department of Education.
|Rebecca Wilson||Coordinator for College & Career Readiness/School Counselor Services||203-977-5580|
888 Washington Blvd.
Office: 5th Floor (South)
Stamford, CT 06904