Stamford's magnet schools offer educational choices to parents through innovative programs of theme-based instruction. While the programs at the magnet schools are described briefly here, more details on each program are available from the individual schools.
There are 13 elementary schools, five middle schools and three high schools in Stamford.
- Hart, Toquam, Westover, and Scofield Magnet Middle School are local magnet schools and enroll students from all parts of Stamford by a lottery process.
- Academy of Information Technology & Engineering, Rogers International School and Strawberry Hill are Inter-District Magnet Schools and invite students from Stamford and the surrounding towns.
- Strawberry Hill opened in September 2016 and enrolled students in kindergarten and grade one, with one grade added each year thereafter. In 2018-19, Strawberry Hill will include grades K-3. As an Inter-District Magnet School, Strawberry Hill will invite students from Stamford and the surrounding towns.
The other eight elementary schools enroll students based on residence.
There are also 5 middle schools in Stamford.
- Scofield is a magnet school and enrolls students from all parts of Stamford by a lottery process.
The magnet lottery dates are as follows:
- AITE - Thursday, February 8, 2018
- Middle Schools - Monday, March 12, 2018
- Elementary Schools - Thursday, March 15, 2018
- The deadlines for filing applications was Wednesday, January 31, 2018 for AITE and is Thursday, March 1, 2018 for the elementary and middle schools.