Welcome to the Stamford Public Schools! We look forward to educating your child and having you as an active participant in your son or daughter’s education.
All children who reside legally in Stamford and are between the ages of five and eighteen years old are eligible to attend Stamford Public Schools.
To start your child's registration, please look up your child's school using your home address. Then complete online registration form (English/Spanish) and upload the required documents. Families who need assistance with the online form may make an appointment with their child’s school or with the Office of Family and Community Engagement by selecting the appointment manager on the Documents page located in the online registration form.
To register a student for school you must provide the following required documents:
- Original birth certificate (long form)
- Photo ID of parent or legal guardian
- Registration is by parent or legal guardian only
- Proof of legal guardianship is required
- 2 forms of Proof of Address: Please see our Proof of Address guidelines for more information.
- If you rent:
- A current lease AND a current utility bill (phone, gas, electric, cable, or water)
- If you own:
- A deed or current tax bill or bank mortgage showing ownership of a residence in Stamford AND a current utility bill (phone, gas, electric, cable or water)
- If you are not listed on a lease you must have a notarized residency form completed
- If you rent:
- Health Requirements: Current physical exam and immunization record
- Please ask your doctor's office to use the Health Assessment Record (HAR-3).
Additional forms for new students entering Westhill High School (new- students who are not currently enrolled in Stamford Public Schools):
Before beginning the registration process, please use the School Lookup tool to find your district school.
Important! No child will be admitted to school without proper immunizations or proof of Stamford residency.
For specific questions and more School Registration information, please contact the Office of Family Engagement: 203-977-5312, 203-977-4118, 203-977-4465