Welcome to the Stamford Public Schools! We look forward to educating your child and having you as an active participant in your son or daughter’s education.
All children who legally reside in Stamford and are between the ages of five and 18 are eligible to attend Stamford Public Schools.
Please read the following information carefully BEFORE registering your child
Students registering for the Stamford Public School district fall into three categories:
- Entering Kindergarten: Stamford children who will be five years old on or before January 1 will be eligible to attend Kindergarten in the Stamford Public Schools beginning the following September. THESE ARE OUTDATED LINKS….
- Entering Grades 1-12: These are Stamford children who did not attend kindergarten in Stamford Public Schools, are transferring from a Private School or whose parent(s)/guardian(s) have recently moved to Stamford.
- Entering a Magnet School: Registration to the district’s magnet schools is not open to all. You must participate in our annual districtwide lottery process to be considered for attendance at any of our magnet schools. Please visit the Magnet Schools [make a link] section of our website for detailed information about the Magnet Schools, the Magnet Lottery and the Magnet School Admission process
- All students entering 6th and 9th grade require reregistration: Stamford Board of Education regulations for reregistration require proof of current immunizations and a current physical in order for a student to begin grades six or nine in September.
- In order to re-register your child, you must provide photo ID, proof of address (lease/tax bill/deed AND utility bill) and a current physical and immunization record.
Before beginning the registration process, please use the School Lookup tool to find your district school.
Important! No child will be admitted to school without proper immunizations or proof of Stamford residency.
For specific questions and more School Registration information, please contact the Office of Family Engagement:
203-977-5312, 203-977-4118, 203-977-4465