Verification of Employment Requests (Current and Former Employees)
A formal letter of verification is written on SPS letterhead and includes:
- Employee's name
- Current or most recent job title
- Date of hire/date of separation
- Employment status
External Employment Verification Requests including:
- Mortgage applications
- Loan applications
- Apartment leases
- Government aid
- or any application requests requiring proof of employment with salary
REQUIRED with EXTERNAL REQUESTS:
- A signed authorization form is required in order to release salary information on paper requests. We do not release salary over the phone.
- We cannot verify any information without the full or partial Social Security Number of the employee. Your request will be delayed if we do not have this requirement
Send your request to Kimberly Hawreluk at email@example.com or fax it to her attention at (203) 977-4325. Please let the Human Resources Department contact know if you would prefer the letter returned via mail (inter-office or USPS), emailed or faxed.
Turnaround time will be 2 business days, unless further research is required. Verifications are processed in the order they are received. Due to the large volume of requests, we cannot confirm whether or not a request has been received. If you do not receive a response within 2 business days, please re-send your request.