Wondering if school is canceled or delayed?
Please note: All delayed openings will be two hours
The Stamford Public School families can get information about school cancellations or delays from a variety of sources:
- Sign up for automatic alerts: For the earliest notification, parents and staff should subscribe to District Alerts on the Home page of this site. For specfics click here.
- You may also register for closing alert notifcations from select on-line or broadcast media outlets. These outlets will automatically send a notification directly to your preferred number or e-mail address. This eliminates the need for you to watch a TV screen waiting for the name of the school district to scroll across or for the automated Parent Link message to be delivered.
- Visit www.ctweather.com. Click on IAN cancellations. Then click on schools.
- Visit www.stamfordpublicschools.org. For a message in English and Spanish, available by 6:00 a.m. on our Home Page.
- ParentLink: ParentLink is an automated call-out service that will notify you in the event of a school cancellation, delay, emergency, or important reminder. In the event of early morning emergencies, such as school cancellations or delays, ParentLink will call your home phone number. If an emergency takes place during the school day, ParentLink will call ALL emergency numbers you provide. Please be sure your emergency numbers are up to date at all times. Report any changes in writing to your school’s main office.
- Radio and Television Stations: For broadcast announcements in English, available by 6:00 a.m.
- AM Radio:
- WICC 600 • WGCH 1490
- FM Radio:
- WRKI 95.1 • WEFX 95.9 • WKHL 96.7 • WEZN 99.9 • WDBY 105.5 • WEBE 107.9
- Cablevision News 12 or http://connecticut.news12.com/
- WTNHTV Channel 8
- WFSBTV Channel 3 or http://www.wfsb.com/category/211195/schoolclosings
- WCVITTV Channel 30 or http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/weather/school-closings/
- AM Radio:
- Read or Download our Emergency Communications flyer: