The philosophy of the Stamford Board of Education is to provide the necessary opportunities and environment to enable all youngsters in the Stamford Public Schools to achieve their highest educational potential.
- 2016-2017 Stamford Public Schools Policy Guide for Families (an abridged version of the BoE Policy Manual)
The Board of Education Policy Book contains the policies, regulations and by-laws of the Board to realize this philosophy. This book has been divided into sections to make it easier to download only the sections you would like to read.
The Board of Education Policy Book 2015-2016 appears below. To search for a particular word or term, press CTRL-F (PC) or Command (⌘)-F (Macintosh). A search box will be displayed in the upper right of the screen. Enter your search criteria. Type the word or phrase you want to search for in the entry field. Use the small left and right arrows in the blue search box to skip to the previous or next instance of the searched-for word.
Policy and Regulation Updates:
- Revised Policy 3300 - SPS Fiscal Management (December 6, 2016)
- Revised Regulation 5141R - Health Assessments/Screenings (October 27, 2016)
- 4000 Series - Personnel (List of new & amended policies & regulations - September 27, 2016)
- 4000s Personnel (4000 Policy Series - BOE Reviewed and Adopted Series September 27, 2016)
- Revised Regulation 5118R - Students - Eligibility for High School Athletics (July 29, 2016)
- Revised Regulation 5132R - Acceptable Use of the Internet and Other Electronic Communication Systems for Students
- Revised Regulation 5113R - Students: Attendance and Excuses
- Revised Regulation 5113A-R - Students: Attendance/High School
- Revised Regulation 5117.2R - Students: Regulation and Procedures for Application and Admission to Magnet Schools (October 28, 2015)
- 1000s Community (1000 Policy Series - BOE Reviewed and Adopted Series - April 24, 2015)
- 2000s Administration (2000 Policy Series - BOE Reviewed and Adopted Series - October 27, 2015)
- 3000s Fiscal Management Support Services
- 4000s Personnel (4000 Policy Series - BOE Reviewed and Adopted Series - September 27, 2016)
- 5000s Students
- 6000s Instruction
- 9000s Board Policies (9000 Policy Series - BOE Reviewed and Adopted Series - December 2, 2014)